Tuesday, August 25, 2009

About Me

Hello and welcome to my blog! I’m Kristen Ditsch, a sophomore double majoring in journalism and political science at Indiana University Bloomington. This year you’ll be able to follow my adventures: in the journalism school, living in the dorms, going to events, meeting people and just trying a ton of different things at IU. I’m really excited to share my perspective with you.



I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona (above: me at the Grand Canyon this summer) and loved living in such a big city! When it came time to start looking at colleges I was immediately drawn to the outstanding academics, college-town feel of Bloomington, and the gorgeous campus. Indiana University embodied everything I thought college should look like. IU was the complete package and with relatives not too far away, I was ready to pack up my bags and start my adventure. Here I am at the Sample Gates, one of my favorite places on campus:



Last year, being a complete stranger, I felt a little reluctant to get involved and I spent a good deal of my year learning the traditions & history of IU and how to dress for cold! Now that I know what life in Indiana is like, I am ready to take full advantage of everything IU has to offer-which is a ton! We constantly have fascinating speakers coming in from all over the world to lecture and countless different events to attend. I love to be in the middle of all IU has to offer and living on campus keeps me close to everything going on. Here’s me at an IU basketball game; I loved going to the games and had season tickets for this IU tradition:




I’ve just wrapped up a really interesting and busy summer at home visiting family, friends, working, and taking fun weekend road trips. I interned two days a week at my Congressman’s (Congressman John Shadegg of Arizona District 3) district office doing constituent services work and two days a week at the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Arizona chapter doing marketing work (see picture below). After working (for free) more than 30 hours a week I’m really excited to be a part of student life again and to capture IU life for you. I love taking pictures of the seasons at IU and how campus changes over the course of the year. As you can imagine it’s a change for me being from Arizona where we have hot and hotter with a nice “winter” season.



I hope you enjoy looking at these photos and following my adventures this year. Hopefully I’ll see you at IU soon!

No comments: