Monday, November 29, 2010

"Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year..."

One of the best things about IU is the perfect distance between Bloomington and downtown Indy. We're just far enough away that we feel like we're getting that small, college town experience, but close enough that working in or making day trips to Indy are certainly possible.


Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday of the year because it starts off the holiday season. The holidays mean free time, food, family and friends. I went to Indianapolis for Thanksgiving and ventured to downtown for Indy's holiday season kick-off.


With the wind chill hovering in the high teens, I met some of my friends from school in downtown for dinner and the Circle of Lights, where a light tree is lit up around Monument Circle. My IU tree is up, I have the ingredients for sugar cookies, and my holiday music has its own new playlist on my iPod. Now just to survive finals... The break is over!

No comments: