Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to Btown

Welcome back! Hopefully you followed our RPS blogs last year, but for those of you who are new, I'm Kristen, a junior double-majoring in journalism and political science. I'm from Phoenix, Arizona, but found the academics, campus and adventure I wanted in my college experience when I toured Indiana University Bloomington. I'm half-way through college and could not have asked for a more incredible first two years.

Me in Santiago, Chile.

For me, summer means going home, working hard, and playing harder. Immediately after classes were out, I traveled to Santiago, Chile, for a ten day Latin American adventure as the final component of a journalism class I had taken in the spring. I loved the people, the landscapes, the food and the culture. We rode horseback and zip-lined through the Andes, traveled to seaside Valparaiso, and toured the top journalism organizations in the country!

Santiago, Chile.

Back in the USA with my first stamp in my passport, I moved home to Phoenix, Arizona, and started interning at Phoenix Children’s Hospital and for United States Senator Jon Kyl. As a double-major, my internships provided me with the best of my two academic worlds and I could not have asked for better experiences.

Horseback riding in the Andes in Chile.

I spent time outdoors, watched movies and enjoyed time with family and friends when I could, but spent much of my free time volunteering on a political campaign for a congressional candidate running for Congress. With the Arizona primary being just last week it made for a busy summer, but I loved it!

Outdoors in Utah.

With summer over, its back to B-town! This year I've moved into an apartment in the Wilkie complex with three of my best friends. We're all moved in so let the fun begin!

There's nothing like a Phoenix sunset.

No comments: