Monday, February 14, 2011

Get Outta Town!

Now that the weather is getting warmer, I know you'll want to get out of town. This semester I am interning in Indianapolis two days a week, and I have absolutely fallen in love with the Indiana Statehouse.

The main level of the Indiana Statehouse.

The buidling houses both the Indiana House and Senate, the offices of all major elected officials, including the Governor's office, and the Indiana Supreme Court.

Gorgeous attention to detail in the columns of the Indiana Statehouse.

The beautiful stained glass dome in the center of the Statehouse is probably my favorite part of the building, but the whole building has gorgeous attention to detail. Anyone may go and walk around the main level with a tour or on their own time, and I highly suggest stopping at the Indiana Statehouse if you are in Indy during regular business hours for a sight that will make you proud to be, or wish you were, a Hoosier.

My favorite stained glass ceiling.

No comments: