Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Looking to Fall 2010

With fall course registration just around the corner for returning students, it got me thinking about Fall 2010 in general. Earlier this semester, three of my best friends and I signed up for one of the four bedroom apartments in Wilkie Residence Center. So this past weekend, I met up with a friend from one of my classes who lives in one of the apartments, for a tour of her unit.



She showed me around her three bedroom apartment that included a kitchen, two bathrooms, a living room and washer and dryer. The kitchen included a stove, oven, microwave and refrigerator, and the apartment came fully furnished including couches and bedroom furniture.


The thing I was most amazed with was the amount of storage space provided for students. Not only did the kitchen have plenty of cabinets and drawers, there were also two closets, one of which they had converted to a pantry. There were five drawers and plenty of closet space in each room for all our clothes, as well as lots of desk space and drawers for books.


After visiting my friend, I'm now incredibly excited for all our extra space and storage next year and the opportunity to live in an on-campus residence hall that provides many of the comforts of "normal" life.

No comments: